Safe-Stop 180® TMA Truck Mounted Attenuator
The Safe-Stop TMA with the 180º Tilt feature provides maximum protection with minimal length, weight and height. The 180º Tilt feature makes this TMA the shortest height TMA when in its storage mode, which is ideal for garage storage and low underpasses. The Safe-Stop 180º TMA folds at the center, reducing the total system’s height to just 2.08 m (6’10”) in the storage mode. The two cartridge sections literally stack on top of each other.
The Safe-Stop 180º TMA was successfully tested to NCHRP 350 TL-2 (70km/h – 43 mph) criteria when impacted in storage (folded) mode by a 2000 kg pickup truck.
Tested To Be The Tough TMA
– Successfully passed NCHRP 350 TL-3 100km/h mandatory criteria.
– Successfully passed NCHRP 350 TL-3 100km/h optional criteria.
– Successfully tested to NCHRP 350 TL-2 70km/h heavy vehicle criteria in storage mode.
– Withstands nuisance impacts up to 10 km/h (6 mph) with little or no damage.
– Successfully passed vibration, corrosion and water resistance tests.
The Safe-Stop 180º TMA’s cartridges fold at the center, reducing the total system’s height to just 2.08 m (6’10”). The two cartridge sections literally stack on top of each other.
Two light-weight aluminum cartridges are contained in a reusable steel support frame. When impacted, the steel support frame is designed to collapse and the aluminum cartridges crush to absorb the energy of the impact, bringing the vehicle to a safe, controlled stop and preventing it from underriding the truck.
Fast and Easy Refurbishment
After a typical design impact, the steel support frame and strike plate are reusable, and only the two aluminum Safe-Stop cartridges need to be replaced. Refurbishment can often be done in the field.