SS90™ HD – Truck Mounted Attenuator (TMA)
The SS90HD is a heavy duty, potentially reusable truck mounted attenuator (TMA) available for use on stationary or moving shadow/support vehicles. This TMA has passed all mandatory and optional testing and is NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant. Additionally, the SS90HD has passed the UK TD 49, 110 km/h (68 mph) test.The unit is comprised of two light-weight aluminum cartridges contained in a potentially reusable galvanized support frame. The SS90HD helps to absorb rear-end impacts at speeds up to 62 mph (100 km/h) when impacted according to NCHRP350 crash test standards.
- Galvanized, potentially reusable coated systems. Black and yellow powder coated systems available upon request.
- Replaceable energy absorbing cartridges.
- High temperature rated, powerful hydraulic system quickly lowers and raises TMA for storage and transport.
- Accessible hydraulic pump and reservoir promotes easy inspection and maintenance.
- Custom lighting systems available in 12V, 24V, Incadescent or LED systems. Easy cable-routing and mounting locations ensure quick assembly.
- “Push-to-activate” function raises and lowers unit. An alert buzzer sounds when unit is not fully deployed or in vertical position. In-cab controls also available.
- Can withstand typical low-speed nuisance hits up to 6 mph (10 km/h).
Installation and Repair Advantages
- Simple attachment options mount to standard truck.
- Mounting options include standard and tailgate mount.
- Hand crank jacks and swivel casters allow for easy stable mounting, dismounting and moving for storage.
- 13’2” (3.98m) length from back of truck
- 93” (2.36m) wide – 1996 lbs (906 kg)
- 12” (3055 mm) road clearance
- 16,090 lbs (7300 kg) minimum support vehicle weight