STMS Level 1 Course
Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) Level 1 Course
Two-Day Training Course in Christchurch (Third Tues & Wed of each month)
This course provides in-depth training on Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) guidelines, skills and requirements set out by the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) for work activities on Level 1 Roads.
Who Should Attend?
Anybody who has at least one-month experience as a TC and wishes to carry out TTM duties on state highways or local roads. As a Level 1 STMS you will be responsible for the safe installation and operation of TTM at worksites. This course is also ideal for those in a supervisory or planning role who need a more in depth understanding of CoPTTM, for example film location managers, worksite foremen & site engineers.
- Two days, typically from 07:45 to 16:30
- Arrive 30 minutes early to find parking and register
- Gain an in depth understanding of the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM)
- Authorities of an STMS
- Legal requirements
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) Design
- Equipment and signs
- Working with the Road Controlling Authority (RCA)
- Audit Level 1 worksites
- Static and mobile operations
- Understanding and completing correct documentation
Ask us about our practical, hands on, competency based STMS workshops. The NZTA STMS qualification is theory based and requires no demonstration of in-the-field application.
We offer a half day or one-day practical workshop which puts the theory learned throughout the course into practical use. This is highly recommended for those who will be working on the road.
The Rolly Inn
Map/ Address: 2 Brookside Road, Rolleston 7614.
Morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea provided. (Specify any dietary requirements you have when you register).
- $450.00 + GST
- Group rates are available
- The course fee must be paid prior to course commencement date unless a registered company is paying. Payment can be made at our office located at 51 Waterloo Rd or via internet banking.
STMS LVL 1 COURSE DATES CHCH ($450 + GST)
Runs on the Third Tuesday & Wednesday of Each Month
18-19th August 2020
15-16th September 2020
20-21th October 2020
17-18th November 2020
19-20th January 2021
16-17th February 2021
16-17th March 2021
20-21st April 2021
18-19th May 2021
15-16th June 2021