STMS Level 1 Course
Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) Level 1 Course
Two-Day Training Course in Christchurch.
This course provides in-depth training on Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) guidelines, skills and requirements set out by the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) for work activities on Level 1 Roads.
Who Should Attend?
Anybody who has at least one-month experience as a TC and wishes to carry out TTM duties on state highways or local roads. As a Level 1 STMS you will be responsible for the safe installation and operation of TTM at worksites. This course is also ideal for those in a supervisory or planning role who need a more in depth understanding of CoPTTM, for example film location managers, worksite foremen & site engineers.
- Two days, typically from 08:00 to 16:00
- Arrive 30 minutes early to find parking and register
- Gain an in depth understanding of the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM)
- Authorities of an STMS
- Legal requirements
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) Design
- Equipment and signs
- Working with the Road Controlling Authority (RCA)
- Audit Level 1 worksites
- Static and mobile operations
- Understanding and completing correct documentation
Ask us about our practical, hands on, competency based STMS workshops. The NZTA STMS qualification is theory based and requires no demonstration of in-the-field application.
We offer a half day or one-day practical workshop which puts the theory learned throughout the course into practical use. This is highly recommended for those who will be working on the road.
- $450.00 + GST. (Note: Group rates are available).