Traffic Controller Course
Level 1 Traffic Controller (TC) Course
One-day training course in Christchurch: first Tuesday of each month.
The course provides in-depth training on Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) guidelines, skills and requirements as set out by the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) for work activities on Level 1 NZ Roads.
Who should attend?
Anybody who carries out TTM duties on state highways or local roads is required to have a current TC qualification.
It is the basic qualification for those who will be working underneath an STMS as a Manual Traffic Controller (MTC, Stop/Go).
- One day, typically from 08:00 to 16:00
- Arrive 30 minutes early to find parking and register
- Introduction to the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM)
- Authorities of a TC
- Equipment and signs
- Operate as a Manual Traffic Controller (MTC) – Stop/Go
- Static and mobile operations
- Understanding and filling out correct documentation
You must achieve an average of 60% over all four tests to pass the course.
- $280.00 + GST
- Group rates are available
TC COURSE DATES CHCH 2020 ($280 +GST)
Runs on the First Tuesday of Each Month
Venue: Traffic R US Training Room
51 Waterloo Road, Hornby, Christchurch
3rd March 2020
7th April 2020
5th May 2020
2nd June 2020
7th July 2020
4th August 2020
1st September 2020
6th October 2020
3rd November 2020
For advice on you or your staff’s training requirements for 2020, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly team on 0800 872 348