Traffic Controller Course
Level 1 Traffic Controller (TC) Course
One-day training course in Christchurch: first Tuesday of each month.
The course provides in-depth training on Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) guidelines, skills and requirements as set out by the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) for work activities on Level 1 NZ Roads.
Who should attend?
Anybody who carries out TTM duties on state highways or local roads is required to have a current TC qualification.
It is the basic qualification for those who will be working underneath an STMS as a Manual Traffic Controller (MTC, Stop/Go).
- One day, typically from 08:00 to 16:00
- Arrive 30 minutes early to find parking and register
- Introduction to the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM)
- Authorities of a TC
- Equipment and signs
- Operate as a Manual Traffic Controller (MTC) – Stop/Go
- Static and mobile operations
- Understanding and filling out correct documentation
You must achieve an average of 60% over all four tests to pass the course.
- $280.00 + GST
- Group rates are available