STMS Level 1 Course
Level 1 Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS)
This course provides in depth training on Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) guidelines, skills and requirements set out by the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) for work activities on Level 1 Roads.
Who should attend:
Anybody who has at least one-month experience as a TC and wishes to carry out TTM duties on state highways or local roads. As a Level 1 STMS you will be responsible for the safe installation and operation of TTM at worksites. This course is also ideal for those in a supervisory or planning role who need a more in depth understanding of CoPTTM, for example Film location managers, worksite foremen, site engineers.
- Two days, typically from 08:00 to 16:00
- Arrive 30 minutes early to find parking and register
- Gain an in depth understanding of the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM)
- Authorities of an STMS
- Legal requirements
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) Design
- Equipment and signs
- Working with the Road Controlling Authority (RCA)
- Audit Level 1 worksites
- Static and mobile operations
- Understanding and completing correct documentation
- Ask us about our practical, hands on, competency based STMS workshops. The NZTA STMS qualification is theory based and requires no demonstration of in the field application.
- We offer a half day or one-day practical workshop which puts the theory learned throughout the course into practical use. This is highly recommended for those who will be working on the road.
- $450:00 + GST Group rates are available